Our doors are open and seekers are welcome. Here, we find an experience of learning, wisdom, and sharing the warmth of being community. We believe that being Holy Sparks! is one way of bringing more light, love, joy, goodness, peace, and equity into the world. We do this by fully living from our basic core values.
Our core values are:
1. B’tzelem Elohim: Each of us is created with a spark of the Divine.
2. Gemilut chasadim: Each of us is called to do daily acts of kindness.
3. Lo ta’amod al dam re’echa (“you shall not stand by idly”) v’tzedakah (charity through time, talent, and treasure). We stand by, but not idly... we stand by to spread kindness and compassion, to actively become the change the world needs, by giving our actions, time, talents, and treasure.
4. Torah lishmah: We cultivate a love of learning, to further our growth into living as a Holy Spark!
5. Tikkun Ha’Nefesh v’Teshuvah: Repair of the soul, and turning. We cannot begin to repair the world until we have begun the repair of our own selves. We do this by turning towards holiness and kindness, compassion and sincere care for our common humanity.
6. Tikkun Olam: Repairing the World, one small act of kindness at a time.
7. Simcha v’ hakarat ha’tov: Joy and gratitude mark the underlying attitude in which we live.
8. V’ahavta l’reiacha kamocha v’ahavat ger, love of others and loving the stranger, for we are All One.
9. Kehillah v’avodah: community and service. We become a caring, vibrant community by our avodah, the spiritual work we do to make sacred connections to G!d, community, and self, one small act of kindness at a time.
10. Lech l’cha: Go forth (literally, “go for you” or “get to yourself”). The Torah’s overarching story is one of journey. We journey towards shalom and shaleim, towards peace and wholeness.
What stories do we tell ourselves, do we choose to live by? We share our stories with one another, we journey together. We are faithful to the task of seeking. We gather together so that we may strengthen ourselves, once again, for our journey of becoming true Holy Sparks! of the Divine.